The previous exams helped
Already having passed the Magento 2 Professional Developer and Magento 1 Solution Specialist exams put me in a pretty good position to pass this one.
The technical questions were essentially simpler versions of the former, while the question format and study materials were very similar to the latter with a Magento 2 twist.
It wasn't easy
I wouldn't go so far as to say this exam was hard (see my Magento 2 Professional Developer Certification post for a hard exam), but it was by no means easy.
There were a few questions with terminology that I had never even heard of, but after the initial panic you can quite easily derive the answer by applying some common sense.
You have plenty of time
After the fast pace of the Magento 2 Professional Developer exam I was expecting another race to the finish, but in fact the questions were generally a lot shorter and easier to read.
The long-form questions were generally relating to Magento Website/Store/Store View requirements for a particular scenario, which took a fair amount of time to read and grok before reviewing the available answer options.
I actually finished with 25 minutes to spare and found that I had enough time to review every question again before the stopwatch ran to zero.
You need to study (a bit)
The exam is true to the study guide and I didn't come across any unexpected questions.
I was well prepared as I had carefully stepped through the official study guide to ensure I understand all of the terminology used.
I would recommend even seasoned Magento developers to take the time to review the Magento Admin Panel menus,
differences between Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source (previously Enterprise Edition and Community Edition)
and furthermore the differences between Magento 1 and Magento 2.
- Give yourself the best chance by reviewing all topics in the study guide.
- If you have passed the Magento 1 Solution Specialist exam, you should pass this.
- If you have passed the Magento 2 Professional Developer exam, you should pass this.
- What is the pass mark for the Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist exam?
- The passing score is 53 or higher out of a total 70, so you need 76%.
- How long do I have to complete the Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist exam?
- You have 90 minutes to complete the test, so 78 seconds per question.
- How much does the Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist exam cost?
- It costs around £185 (or exactly $260 USD).
- What if I fail the Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist exam?
- You can resit after 15 days (fail again and its 90 days) with a 20% off discount coupon from Magento.
- Where can I find more information about the Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist exam?
- You can probably find what you need on the Magento Certification FAQ.